We’re in wedding season, and one of the most common questions I receive is how brides can prep their skin in the months leading up to the big day! Besides that extra glow from a few sips of champagne, the key to the wedding-perfect look is great skin.
The ultimate Pixi Glow is achievable with a consistent Glycolic Acid skincare routine, and I suggest starting this regimen at least three months before the wedding day. Glycolic Acid gently dissolves dead skin cells to reveal a new healthy glow, no matter what your skin type. You want to look the like the best version of your beautiful self, and it starts with radiant skin! Here is a simple daytime and nighttime routine to get glowing.
1) Glow Mud Cleanser – Massage a small amount onto moist face to gently deep cleanse & detoxify pores.
2) Glow Tonic – Apply with a cotton pad after cleansing, including over lips, to smooth texture and balance skin.
3) Hydrating Milky Serum – Massage 2-3 drops all over face to hydrate & soothe skin.
4) Sun Serum – Protect skin with lightweight SPF 30 protection that doubles as a great moisturiser. It also applies 100% translucent, perfect under makeup!
5) 24k Eye Elixir – To minimise puffy eyes, keep this in the fridge and apply cold by rolling all around eye area. This peptide serum contains age-defying ingredients to refresh eyes & prevent signs of fatigue.
6) Vitamin Wakeup Mist – Invigorate skin and seal in moisture with skin-loving citrus fruit extracts that strengthen and tone. Remember to use this all throughout the day!
1) Nourishing Cleansing Balm – Take a small amount and massage into skin until the balm melts into a luxurious oil to completely dissolve all makeup & impurities for clear, glowing skin. Remove with a damp, warm washcloth.
2) Glow Peel Pads – Sweep onto face, neck, décolleté and back of hands and leave on for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with water to neutralise if you are sensitive to Glycolic Acid. If you are used to Glycolic Acid, leave on as I do. Glow Peel Pads contain 20% glycolic acid to reveal brighter and more even skin over time, and help to minimise pores, breakouts and fine lines.
3) Overnight Glow Serum – Apply 1-2 drops directly on your skin and massage gently. Overnight Glow Serum exfoliates and soothes skin while you sleep to reveal a brighter complexion, and also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and fade sun spots over time.
4) Beauty Sleep Cream – Apply this nourishing cream to calm and balance skin – My personal tip? Mix with a drop of Rose Oil Blend for a boost of moisturization!
Make sure you get as much beauty sleep as possible before your wedding day. On the day of, prep your skin with this routine to ensure your wedding look goes on smoothly and lasts all day!
DAY OF WEDDING
1) Double Cleanse – Prep your skin with a deep, luxe double cleanse that removes all traces of makeup and impurities. Double cleansing will help set your skin so it is ready for flawless makeup application!
2) Glow Tonic – Apply with a cotton pad after cleansing to reveal brighter skin.
3) Glow O2 Oxygen Mask – This mask provides an instant brightening pick-me-up before makeup application. Apply the gel formula to your face for an immediate bubbling effect. Glow O2 Oxygen Mask contains skin-loving ingredients like caffeine, ginseng, increasing oxygen level and circulation.
4) Hydrating Milky Serum – Add 1-2 drops directly on skin and massage gently for a burst of lightweight hydration.
5) H20 Skindrink with a drop of Rose Oil Blend – H2O Skindrink immediately hydrates dry skin and is also a great makeup primer. Place it in the fridge before application for an extra cooling/depuffing effect. Add a drop of Rose Oil Blend before applying for the ultimate nourishing boost!
6) 24K Eye Elixir – Roll all around eye area several times to plump fine lines and massage away puffiness.
7) Vitamin Wakeup Mist – A quick mist gives a revitalised, awakened effect to the complexion. Mist throughout the day for a fresh, cooling effect – perfect for weddings during warmer weather.
Ready to get glowing, bride-to-be? Stay tuned for another post on how to ensure your Pixi-perfect wedding look stays flawless in photos from day to night!